Workshop on Developing a Cochrane Systematic Review
June 20 - 22, 2012
Topic: Course, Education
Region: North America
Location: Mount Washington Conference Center
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Map & Directions
Web site: http://www.eyes.cochrane.org
This workshop guides participants through the steps of developing a systematic review. It includes presentations about Cochrane Collaboration methodology, and offers hands-on practice using the Cochrane Collaboration's Review Manager (RevMan) software. The workshop also includes a statistics review session.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Describe the steps required to critically appraise original research studies
- Describe the process used to collect and extract data from reports of original studies
- Describe the process of analyzing, presenting, and interpreting the results of meta-analyses
- Enter and analyze data for a systematic review using the Cochrane Collaboration’s RevMan software
- Identify and resolve questions and challenges encountered during the completion of a Cochrane systematic review
The workshop is hosted by the Cochrane Eyes and Vision Group US Satellite and the US Cochrane Center. It is limited to Cochrane contributors, as well as ophthalmologists, optometrists, and vision researchers interested in registering a title with the Cochrane Eyes and Vision Group.