ICO Updates Five International Clinical Guidelines
The ICO has updated five of its 20 International Clinical Guidelines based on similar updates of the Preferred Practice Patterns created by the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
The five updated guidelines are as follows:
- Diabetic Retinopathy Management Recommendations
- Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma Initial Evaluation
- Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma Follow Up Evaluation
- Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma Suspect
- Primary Angle Closure Initial Evaluation and Therapy
The ICO Clinical Guidelines are prepared by the ICO Clinical Guidelines Committee to serve a supportive and educational role for ophthalmologists worldwide. They are intended to improve the quality of eye care for patients.
For more information, go to: www.icoph.org/enhancing_eyecare/international_clinical_guidelines.html