The International Council of Ophthalmology has a firm commitment to privacy.
* We only use information collected on this Web site for ICO purposes and do not distribute this information to third parties.
* We use technology to protect the information you submit.
* Cookies are used to keep track of information and to allow a better user experience, and this information is kept confidential within the ICO.
The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this Web site, icoph.org:
* We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site.
* icoph.org contains forms that may require users to sign in or to give us contact information (like name and e-mail address).
* We may ask visitors for financial information (such their account or credit card numbers) and demographic information (like zip code, age, or income level).
* Unique identifiers (such as social security numbers) may be collected to verify the user's identity. Profile data may also be collected at our site. All data is only used for ICO purposes.
* Any financial information that may be collected will be used to bill the user for products and services.
* We may use visitor contact information obtained from forms to send visitors various information related to the ICO, international ophthalmology and eye care.
* Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings.
* Icoph.org contains links to other sites. The ICO is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
* The ICO will take measures to protect your e-mail address from inappropriate use.
* The ICO may provide an e-mail address obtained from the Web site to a third party if the Secretary General determines that the third party may have information of potential value to you. In that case, the policy below will apply.
Policies governing the use of ICO e-mail addresses
The ICO's Secretary General may grant permission to use e-mail addresses obtained by the ICO to organizations, firms or individuals who agree to comply with the following conditions:
1. The ICO determines if the use of e-mail addresses is of benefit to the holder of the e-mail address or may otherwise support the goals of the ICO.
2. The content of every e-mail correspondence is subject to advance approval by the ICO. A sample of each intended e-mail correspondence must be reviewed and approved by the ICO.
3. Each set of ICO e-mail addresses will be used only once and only for the purpose approved by the ICO.
4. An entity other than the ICO cannot use ICO e-mail addresses to create or update its own database. The e-mail address list is the property of the ICO and may not be duplicated.
5. Use of ICO e-mail addresses does not imply ICO endorsement, and no implication of endorsement will be made in any correspondence.
6. ICO e-mail addresses will not be made available for any communication on drugs, medical equipment or devices involving the offer of a rebate, discount, or other remuneration, which in the sole discretion of the ICO may be illegal or unethical.
7. ICO e-mail addresses will not be made available for any communication that would tend to mislead, misinform, or deceive.
This Web Site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
Contacting the ICO
International Council of Ophthalmology
945 Green Street
San Francisco, California 94133
United States of America